I am working out my sewing sucesses with fear and some trepidation. I am currently working with the free Collete - Sorbetto Tank Top I found at
Just about every sewing blog I have visited has this shirt on it. So I decided to try it for myself. The pattern is simple. If you want something more stylish than a plain T then give this one a try. Feels great and the wide shoulder stops you from having to pull the top back in place.
Here is a short review of the pattern.
· Pattern Description: T- Shirt
· Pattern Sizing: 6 – 18. I sewed a size 16
· Did it look like the photo on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.
· Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, very easy to understand.
· What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the bias tape on the finished edges. I had never worked with bias tape and this help me to overcome my anxiety.
· Fabric Used: Pink Striped gauze. On hindsight, I should have lined the top, but am content to wear a t-shirt underneath.
· Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None
· Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I plan on doing this again, with some changes.
· Final Thoughts: This was a very easy top and suits my style very well.